At NAVi Genes our continuous endeavour would be to bring you the best in Food, Fashion, Lifestyle and Travel from across the borders. Here in our first post, we bring to you the very famous recipe of Laal Maas, a Rajasthani delicacy prepared especially by Chef Deepak Gurung from the Fairmont Hotel, Jaipur.
- Mutton – 1/2kg
- Onions- 250 gms
- Red Chillies Paste- 4 table spoons (12-15 dried red chillies, little mustard oil and some ice)
- Ginger Garlic Paste- 2 table spoons( 40% ginger, 60% garlic)
- Curd- 2-3 table spoons
- Mustard Oil- 12 Table Spoons
- Red Chilli Powder- 1 sp
- Salt- As per taste
- Ghee and Clove Powder for Dungar
- Garlic, Ghee and Dried Red Chillies for garnish
- Heat 12 spoons of oil till it gives a smokey aroma
- Add onions and sauté till the time onions turn brown in colour
- Add mutton after the onions turn brown and sauté
- Then add 2 spoons ginger garlic paste
- Add 4 spoons red chilli paste
- Add salt to taste, and let the mutton cook on sim for about 2-2.5 hours
- Add 2-3 table spoons of curd to give tanginess to the gravy and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a separate pan, heat ghee, add some red chillies and garlic slices, sauté for about 1-2 minutes and add on top of the prepared mutton.
- For dungar process and viewing the recipe, check out our video below